This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from a qualifying purchase. Learn more.
Self-care Saturday can be a great way to relax and refresh yourself after a long hectic week. Today we will discuss self-care ideas that you can try this weekend.
Whether you are trying to find some new effective ideas to add to your self-care routine or you are totally new to self-care things, you will find this post helpful!
What is a self-care Saturday?
If I have to define self-care in short, I’d say self-care is anything you do to look after your physical and mental health.
It can be as little as putting on a mask on your face and organizing your space to as big as working on your future dreams and goals.
Every little thing counts here.
What is a good self-care routine?
I wish I could answer that, but honestly, a good self-care routine is what you define it.
One thing I would like to mention is that this routine should be easy to follow and not something that makes you want to procrastinate.
You don’t have to do the same exact things every week. You may want to switch things up, so it doesn’t get boring.
What Are The Benefits?
There are many benefits of practicing self-care. The examples are included but are not limited to:
- Better mental and physical well-being
- You feel relaxed and fresh for the upcoming week.
- Helps you raise your vibration.
- It lessens stress and burnout after a long and hectic week.
The most common Misconceptions
There are numerous posts out there that you might have read about the benefits of self-care, but I am pretty sure that you also have heard a lot of misconceptions too that are going around on social media, especially on your IG feed.
Today, I am going to cover the 3 most common myths about self-care that you need to know.
1. You are self-obsessed if you practice self-care.
Have you heard someone saying that self-care is selfish? This is far from the truth. Self-care should be your number one priority in life.
If you are not happy with yourself, how will you be able to share happiness with others? To share happiness with people around us, we first need to be happy – not just to look happy – but happy from deep within.
2. I can not practice self-care because I don’t have enough time.
Another excuse I see people making is that they can not do all these things just because they don’t have enough time.
Self-care should not be time-consuming. In fact, anything you do to better yourself is self-care.
And if you are someone who is living a really busy life, that’s why we are talking about self-care Saturday so you can have a day when you can pamper yourself. (:
3. Self-care is expensive.
The most common myth about it is that it needs to be expensive, and you need a lot of products and tools in order to practice it.
But this is wrong. You can follow a routine on a budget or even for free.
If you are looking to treat yourself, read an article on 50 ways to reward yourself even when you are on a budget.
Self-care Saturday Ideas.
20 Fun ideas you can do alone
- Celebrate an electronic-free day.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Go to a seminar
- Watch a video of your favorite YouTuber.
- Meet with friends and go out somewhere.
- Water your plants if you have any
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Watch your favorite show on Netflix BUT avoid binge-watching.
- Spend some time with your pets.
- Sing and/or dance if you want to.
- Get flowers for yourself.
- Draw something.
- Paint something (take inspiration from Pinterest).
- Light a candle.
- Write everything about your day in a journal.
- Go out to eat in your favorite restaurant with your family and/or partner
- Talk to someone you care about either on call or by text.
- Facetime your grandparents.
- Talk to your old friend on call.
20 ideas for your well-being (physical and mental)
- Drink enough water.
- Book an online workout session
- Go to the park and get some fresh air.
- Drink enough water.
- Eat a fruit
- Have a nice breakfast.
- Write 2-3 things you are grateful for.
- Eat mindfully.
- Have a good laugh. (such an underrated idea!)
- Stay calm and avoid unnecessary arguments for peace of mind.
- Practice yoga.
- Hug your loved one.
- Have a cup of coffee/tea and drink it slowly and mindfully.
- Be happy for no reason.
- Delete/unfollow anyone who doesn’t align with you.
- Spend some time with yourself.
- Take a nap.
- Have a morning routine (if you are a night owl but want to become a morning person, read step by step guide on how to become a morning person and how to have a mindful morning routine.
- Slow down your nighttime routine.
- Have a kind and positive intention towards other people.
5 Ideas to stay organized
- Organize your working space
- Organize your digital space (emails, photos, etc.)
- Plan what you want to do the next day.
- Plan your next week.
- Organize your wardrobe.
If you are looking to organize every aspect of your life, consider reading how to organize your life in one week. In this post, I have shared how you can practically organize every area of your life, such as – your home, digital organization, finance, and your mind.
10 Ideas For Personal Hygiene
- Do a face massage using gua-sha
- Apply a hair pack for deep cleansing.
- Enjoy your skincare routine.
- Follow all those extra steps you can not follow on weekdays, like scrubbing.
- Book a spa session.
- Do your nails or book an appointment with a professional.
- Take a long bath using bath bombs or Himalayan salt
- Put on a face mask.
- Have a manicure and pedicure session.
- Put a new sheet on your bed.
10 ideas to become the best version of yourself
- Write your future plans
- Say ‘NO’ to anything that doesn’t feel right to you.
- Question your limiting beliefs.
- Listen and trust your intuition.
- Write your strengths and weaknesses.
- Build a strategy on where you want your life to be after 5 years from now.
- Note your progress. You have come so far.
- Read a motivational book.
- Say something positive to yourself while looking at the mirror.
- Start learning a new skill. (if you want to learn a new skill, I’d recommend starting with Skillshare).
Those were over 60 ideas on how to have a self-care Saturday, and now you know why it’s important to follow a routine. Now, I just want to remind you that you don’t have to hesitate to have a day when you can look after yourself because you deserve to be taken care of. (:
If you found the article helpful, please share it with others who might find it useful too.
Pin for later!